EATOCK PRIMARY SCHOOL NURSERY ADMISSION POLICY
Eatock Primary School offers a 26 place Nursery. Every child is offered 15 hours or 30 hours a week of Free Early Education Entitlement. However, flexibility on how these hours are offered is limited due to the school’s Nursery provision being educational and not a private child care provider.
If the number of children requiring places exceeds the number of places available then the following will be taken into consideration;
The criteria listed below is applied in priority order
The children admitted under Priorities 1 and 2 are minimal and only make up a very small percentage of our pupils, nevertheless, the priority criteria still applies.
- Priority 1 Children in public care (Looked after Children) who are the subject of a full care order.
- Priority 2 Other children considered ‘vulnerable’ and whose application is supported by the Assistant Director for Social Care.
- Priority 3 Children already attending the nursery who will continue into a second year.
- Priority 4 Children who have older siblings in years Reception- Year 6. ‘Siblings’ includes full, step, half, foster and adopted brothers and sisters living permanently at the same address.
- Priority 5 Shortest walking distance to school. The criteria may not be applied in exceptional circumstances. This decision is at the discretion of the Governing Body. Applications for a place under exceptional circumstances need to be put in writing to the Chair of Governors.
Children who have not been offered a place initially will be put on a waiting list. If places become available during the academic year, the children on this waiting list will be given priority.
Parents / Carers will be offered the following options:
Option 1 5 Morning Sessions a week 8:45am – 11:45am (15 hours funded)
Option 2 5 Full Time Sessions a week 9am – 3pm (30 hours funded)
Option 3 5 Afternoon Sessions a week 12pm – 3pm (15 hours funded)
Top up’s are available for option 1 and 2 to enable full time sessions.
ON ENTRY AGE OF CHILD
Children will be eligible for a nursery place, the term after their third birthday (if there is availability) based on the table below:
|If your child is born between:||They are eligible for a free place from:|
|1 April and 31 August||1 September following their third birthday until statutory school age|
|1 September and 31 December||1 January following their third birthday until statutory school age|
|1 January and 31 March||1 April following their third birthday until statutory school age|
Applications for Admission to Nursery will need to be received before 1st March 2020. Any applications received after this date will be added onto the waiting list.
We will try our upmost to offer the places preferred by parents / carers but unfortunately, this is not always possible. Parents / carers must only bring their child to their allocated sessions.
Children will only be allocated a minimum of 15 or 30 hours. We are unable to offer places less than 15 or 30 hours. Where a child is offered a place, we expect them to attend regularly as this builds consistency and helps them settle into the Nursery routines.
In extreme circumstances, sessions may be ‘tailored to meet the needs of the child or family. Each case is treated on an individual basis and will involve other agencies. In these instances, the individual case will be taken to the Governing Pupil Support Sub Committee who will put forward their recommendation to the Full Governing Body.
A place at Eatock Nursery does not guarantee a place at Eatock Primary School. A separate application needs to be made for entry to the school’s Reception class and this is managed through Bolton Council admissions team.