This funding has been ring fenced and is allocated directly to primary schools across England, providing them with a dedicated resource to buy in invaluable expertise and support. Funding is allocated through a lump sum for each school and a per-pupil top-up mechanism. The formula will reference the number of primary-aged pupils (i.e. children between the ages of 5 and 11). All schools with seventeen or more primary-aged pupils will receive a lump sum of £10,000.00 plus a premium of £5.00 per pupil.
Eatock Primary School spent the additional funding in 2018/19 on:
- High level qualified coaches to work alongside our teachers when teaching PE
- Paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport
- Covering costs to enter local and regional sporting competitions
- Buying quality equipment for PE/sport
- Providing places for pupils on after school sport clubs and residential visits
As part of the Westhoughton School Sports Association (WESSA), our children will also have access to a wide range of sporting events from gymnastics to kayaking, from football to athletics. This will continue to be spent on:
- High quality sports coaching
- Maintaining and upgrading equipment for outstanding provision
- Providing opportunities to ALL children to participate in outstanding P.E.
- Providing a range of sports and experiences for ALL children
- Providing children with the opportunity to experience new sports eg. fencing, archery
- Educating children on how a healthy lifestyle can contribute to a healthy mind
Sport Premium Documents